Student Trips Benefit Auction - March 18th, 2017.
Students attending trips are required to serve at the auction. After reviewing the following trips please be sure to catch up on the exact deductions the auction provides families and how students are expected to serve that day. This information is located beneath the trip descriptions below.
Refreshing Mountain Camp, PA
Dates: Mar. 31 - Apr. 2 (Fri.-Sun.)
How to sign-up: 70 spots are available to students in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
Purchase your spot here. (Having any trouble with payment system? Please contact us.)
Cost: $200.00 (reduced from $442.00 because of the auction).
Dates: June 25-30, 2017.
How to sign-up: Available to students who are currently in 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade.
Reserve your spot now with a $75.00 first-payment here. (Having any trouble with payment system? Please contact us.)
As students enter into the lives of others and build relationships with the people of Pittsburgh, they will experience God working through them at projects such as these:
- Serve at a local farm stand and that provides fresh produce to city residents, helping with serving food, cleaning, packing, organizing the pantry, and gardening.
- Bring hope and help to children by co-leading day camps and daily programs, making crafts with them, and even cooking a mid-day meal at various kids programs around the city.
- Build friendships, play games, and assist with meals and outdoor walks with elderly residents in an assisted living or skilled nursing home.
- Assemble distribution kits at a local food bank.
- Make a worldwide impact by working alongside staff at an international medical resource organization, sorting and packing medical supplies to help improve health in poor communities around the globe.
Cost: $750.00 (reduced from $2,328.00 because of the auction).
Dates: July 8-15, 2017.
Here are examples of the types of projects your student may be involved with in Haiti:
- Cleaning, maintaining, and providing light repair work around a maternity center and a vocational training center for women
- Providing home repair and yard work for local missionary houses
- Helping prepare for the construction of a new maternity center
- Helping share a Vacation Bible School program
- Teaching adults some good hygiene techniques to protect their families from disease
Joni And Friends - Spruce Lake, PA.
Cost: $200.00 (reduced from $495.00 because of the auction)
Dates: *Multiple options for trip dates:
July 31-August 4
How to Sign-Up: As a first step, contact Ryan Cobb. The process will then include some secondary steps through Joni and Friends.
How students will serve at Joni and Friends:
This is a unique opportunity to let God use your time, your hands and your heart to make an eternal difference in the life of a child, teen or adult with a disability and their families. You may be a companion to a child or adult with a disability for the entire retreat. You may also serve in a program area assisting with art, recreation, music or the children, youth or teen programs. Through the simplicity of your service, you will have the opportunity to build relationships where you can share the gospel and help others find hope in Jesus. No previous experience with disability? No problem. We fully train every STM before Family Retreat begins.
Auction Deductions And Expectations:
The total cost per student (before the auction) for Pittsburgh is $442.00, for Joni and Friends is $495.00,and for Haiti is $2,328.00. Through the auction, the costs will be $200.00 for Pittsburgh, $200.00 for Joni and Friends, and $750.00 for Haiti. These are 55% (Pitt), 60% (Joni and Friends) and 68% (Haiti) discounts for families. This is what the auction is all about: Giving all students the opportunity to serve in unique ways by reducing costs up to 50%-65+% for families!
Here are the shifts students are expected to work the day of the auction:
[Pittsburgh or Joni and Friends Trips] A-shift (830a-1:30p) OR B-shift (12:30pm-5:30pm)
[Haiti Trip] A-shift AND B-shift (8:30a-5:30p)
*Special exceptions may be granted with an approved alternate service opportunity, but expectations are very high for serving at the auction.
*Please note, students are able to attend BOTH Pittsburgh and Joni and Friends trips if they would like and with a discount on both if they work both shifts A and B (basically, one shift=one trip discount).
*For our auction to be successful, we need donations. Please consider donating items or asking a business you frequent to donate an item(s). Here are some ideas: gift certificates, handmade items, baked goods, new or used furniture in good to great condition, and much more. Consider now what you could donate or ask a business to donate.
For more details or any questions start a conversation with Ryan Cobb.